Total Pageviews

Friday 16 May 2014

FROM VAMPIRE TO DEMIGOD: KELLAN LUTZ'S HERCULEAN TRANSFORMATION

 

"I [have] always loved Hercules, He-Man, Tarzan—all those epic, classic heroes. Now that I get to bring Hercules to life, my spirit is on fire".
Demigod!!
 
He may be best known for his role as Emmett Cullen in the "Twilight Saga" film series, but Kellan Lutz has moved past the vampire gig and stepped into the shoes of a demigod. Given his love for heroes, Lutz seems like a natural choice to play the son of Zeus.
 
Lutz only had two weeks to prepare for filming and precious little equipment, "I didn't have a lot of time, so I had to multitask and work multiple muscles at once."  He focused less on mass and more on athletics and aesthetics, using cardio, resistance training, and creativity to build a body worthy of his character.
 
 
 
"When I'm working out, I try to make it competitive," he says. "I make up challenges. I need it to be a game."The treadmill circuit below is an example of how Lutz used limited equipment to great effect.
 
Treadmill Circuit: 3 Rounds, raising incline and speed every two minutes
Running, Treadmill Running, Treadmill Running, Treadmill 2 minutes    
Dips Dips Dips (Using Treadmill) 20 reps
 
Upper-Body Circuit: 3 Rounds
 
Seated Side Lateral Raise Seated Side Lateral Raise  Side Lateral Raise (Shown w/ Dumbbells) 20 reps
Decline Push-Up Decline Push-Up Decline Push-Up 20 reps
Leverage Incline Chest Press Leverage Incline Chest Press Machine Incline Chest Press (20 reps)
Decline Push-Up Decline Push-Up Decline Push-Up (20 reps)
Machine Bench Press Machine Bench Press Machine Bench Press (20 reps)
Decline Push-Up Decline Push-Up Decline Push-Up (20 reps)
 
Not only is the circuit challenging, but it's fun and fast-paced, which helps Lutz enjoy the workload. "At the end of the day, I don't want my time in the gym to be a workout," Lutz says. "I want to have a good time. I don't want to be watching the clock the whole time; I want to look up and think, "Oh my God, I've been here for two hours."
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment